The Mission of the International Service Committee is to enable Rotarians to promote World understanding and peace through Community Service and Rotary Friendship Programmes. This is achieved by informing, motivating and supporting Districts and Clubs in their efforts to:
- Support humanitarian programmes including Water, Sanitation, Health, Poverty reduction strategies and Literacy promotion.
- Promote projects between Clubs and Districts with those overseas, encouraging hands on efforts, international cooperation and fellowship.
- Respond to disaster relief and rebuilding processes following natural disasters.
- Build international friendship and service through Rotary Fellowships and Action Groups.
- Promote International Service Projects, including web based publications. These will be classified as Core, RIBI approved and Charity accredited.
- Supporting and contributing to UN Development Programmes, in partnership with Governmental Agencies such as the Department for International Development.
- Liaising with other programmes such as Membership Development, Rotary Foundation, Youth Services, Community and Vocational Development.
- Adapting and conforming to strategic goals set by the programmes in Clubs and Districts.
- Supporting RI president and RIGBI president in their aims for International Service.
“When Rotarians are confronted with problems too large to contemplate, they start small and keep going and build bridges that last” --- Wilfrid Wilkinson, former President Rotary International